Empowerment through Knowledge: Understanding Cancer
As we all are noticing that cancer now a day become a gigantic disease worldwide and every year’s millions of peoples are losing their money & social status as well as life due to this disease. So, it’s high time to make people more aware about this life-threatening disease as well as various management of this condition.Even though the modern technology of medicine has not produced good results. Astrologer philosopher and medical side has been strong since Ayurveda since ancient times.
WHAT IS CANCER?
Cancer is a broad term. It describes the disease that results when cellular changes cause the uncontrolled growth and division of cells.Tumours are usually divided into benign and malignant. A benign tumour is localised, develops slowly and does not usually result in the patient’s death. Malignant or cancerous tumours develop more rapidly. They are not localised and are often fatal for the patient.Cancer cells do not always form a compact tumour. Leukaemia, for example, is a cancer in the blood-forming tissue where cancer cells circulate in the body and behave to some extent like healthy cells. Eventually they displace healthy cells, preventing their normal function.
More and more people can recover from the disease. The scope for recovery depends on many things, such as the type of cancer and the tumour distribution. Many patients who cannot make a permanent recovery are able to live long lives due to developments in cancer treatment.
While normal cell growth follows and orderly path of growth, division and death, cancerous cells do not experience death but continue to grow and divide. There can be several causes for cancer, some of the common reasons include:
Damages or mutation in the DNA resulting in the damage to the genes involved in cell division.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Tobacco use
- Being overweight or obese
- Unhealthy diet with low fruit and vegetable intake
- Lack of physical activity
- Alcohol use
- Sexually transmitted HPV-infection
- Ionizing and non-ionizing radiation
- Urban air pollution
- Smoke (indoor or industrial) etc.
PROBABLE SIGNS FOR EARLY DETECTION OF CANCER:
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that does not heal
- Unusual bleeding or discharge
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- Nagging cough or hoarseness of voice
Cancer can be treated successfully if detected early. Screening is a means of early detection of the disease in asymptomatic individuals with the goal of decreasing morbidity and mortality.
GENERAL MEASURES FOR PREVENTION OF CANCER
Public education on the avoidance of identified risk factors for cancer and encouraging healthy habits contributes to its prevention and control.
- Stop using tobacco in all forms
- Avoid consuming alcohol
- Adopt healthy food habits
- Choose predominantly plant-based diets rich in fruits and vegetables
- Restrict the intake of red-meat (beef, pork etc.) and preserved meat
- Engage in regular physical activity
- Maintain optimum weight for height and age
It is now known that over one-third of cancers are preventable, and one-third potentially curable provided they are diagnosed early in their course. The quality of life of patients with this incurable disease can be improved with palliative care. Ayurveda plays a major role in improving the Quality of life in cancer patients.
Integrative approach of cancer treatment by the means of Allopathy and Ayurved has a capacity to compensate limitations of each other and complement each other to improve Quality of life and increase disease free survival in cancer patients
AYURVEDIC WAYS TO PREVENT CANCER
These days people have deviated from such healthy lifestyles. Ayurveda provides the way to a healthy lifestyle. We need to follow Ayurvedic lifestyle to prevent many diseases including cancer. In Ayurveda, we call 2 tools, “Dinacharya” and the seasonal changes we need to make in our lifestyle i.e “Rithucharya”. Today’s modern food lifestyle is lacking both metabolism and immunity. Ayurvedic medicines which prevent the accumulation of toxin in our body and prevent the cancer.
AYURVEDIC CANCER TREATMENT
Cancer treatment in Ayurveda is very in-depth and holistic in its approach. Ayurveda treats the disease according to the specific nature of the patient, the aggravated body energies involved and the body tissues that are affected. Cancer treatment in Ayurveda does not only focus on the area of the malignancy but on the entire system, as the whole organism must be returned to harmony for the disease to be treated permanently and not recur elsewhere. The body must be purified of the toxins that cause the cells to attack the body. Treatment includes the administration of blood cleansing herbs along with the adoption of a detoxifying diet. Circulatory stimulant herbs are also prescribed to promote circulation, shift stagnation of the blood, increase the efficient elimination of toxins and assist in healing the tissues. Immunity restoring herbs and minerals are given to boost the strength of debilitated patients.
A crucial part of Cancer treatment in Ayurveda is relaxation of the mind. Suppression of emotion or emotional stagnation is a significant causative factor and obstacle to effective treatment of this condition. The patient needs to heal themselves at the very deepest level of their individuality. Meditation, counseling, yoga, pranayama and the studying of spiritual philosophy are all recommended for support in this aspect of personal healing.
THE HOLISTIC METHODS OF AYURVEDA FOR CANCER TREATMENT
- Abstinence from nourishment and lifestyle that cause tridosha (vata, pitta, kapha) lopsidedness.
- Killing toxins through Panchakarma.
- Restoration of sound jatharagni (digestive power) functions.
- Restoration through rasayanas.
- Ayurvedic preparations can go about as an adjuvant or a co-treatment alongside chemotherapy or radiotherapy– It is also useful in post-surgery mind.
- Ayurvedic medicines help to limit the side effects of these therapies.
- Prescribe diet according to body constitution.
- Eat sattvic and biological fresh fruit, vegetables, cereals as much as possible.
- Consumes milk, fruit juices, butter and fresh cheese, fresh nuts and seeds, sprouts, honey and herbal tea.
- Say no to snacks, fast food and ready to eat food.
- Reduce the use of microwave ovens. This increases the Kaphanature of the food and therefore the Kaphain the body.
- Body as well, after consumption.
- Consumes less meat especially red meat. Reduce intake of meat in growth phase.
- Consumes fresh meat and alternative source of meat.
- In case of anorexia eat small frequent meals. Eat the food patient enjoy, have ready to eat snacks like crackers, cheese, nuts, and seeds, ice cream, bars or yoghurt. Change the diet plan if appetite is better.
- Persons having pitta constitution and sufficient strength can have raw vegetables, germ milk, sprouted food along with garlic and ginger.
- Vitamin D exerts a protective effect on the development of tumors. Fatty fish, eggs and vegetable oils are natural sources of vitamin D.
- Sugar is not a problem as many people think. Sugar does not feed the tumor. It might cause some extra body weight though, or hyperactivity.
LIFE STYLE CHANGES
- Make sure you have enough exercise, take (long) walks outside or relax in nature.
- Practice meditation and yoga for mental and physical relaxation. To calm the mind to a clear and tranquil state, will especially help you to distinguish what is beneficial for you and what not.
- Listening to harmonious music is soothing, calming and healing for the mind, thoughts and nervous system.
With the recent report of AIIMS planning to come together with All India Institute of Ayurveda and the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences to delve deeper into the probability of treating cancer with Ayurvedic drugs, it brings a sense of hope to many who have been turning to Ayurveda for an alternative treatment. Ayurveda, as we all know, consists of many remedies that have been successfully treating various health problems of people for centuries. While many claim that it has the power to treat cancer as well, medical experts disagree for the lack of scientific research. However, various health institutions are including Ayurveda in their treatment, along with radiotherapy and chemotherapy to reduce the side effects. A pilot study done by AIIMS also found that Ayurvedic drugs significantly reduced side effects in breast cancer patents.Ayurveda originated in India more than 5000 years ago but modern science and allopathy now believe in its principle and more and more research is being directed towards ancient herbs and natural therapies. A lot of health centers and universities are integrating Ayurveda into their programmes to combat the ever increasing load of non-communicable diseases. All medical practitioners believe that prevention is better than cure and Ayurveda provides the path to a healthy lifestyle. Ayurveda sees health as a perfect balance between mind, body and consciousness. To achieve this it promulgates a daily regimen of exercise, emotional balance and a healthy diet. This, in itself, is a great way to prevent the onset of many life style diseases.
We Cover Areas: Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Andhra Pradesh, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Arunachal Pradesh, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Assam, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Goa, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Himachal Pradesh, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Hyderabad, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Indore, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Karnataka, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Kerala, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Meghalaya, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Nagaland, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Odisha, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Rajasthan, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Sikkim, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Tamil Nadu, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Telangana, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In Tripura, Ayurvedic Treatment For Cancer In West Bengal,